top of page


Medieval Portal Pinnova at Santa Lucia

The medieval portal called della Pinnova was built during the 11-12th centuries and its origins date as far back as the 3rd and 5th centuries. The portal is located in the rear of the collegiate church of Santa Lucia.

The portal is made of sandstone blocks with panels carved in bas-relief depicting early Christian symbols dating to the 11-12th centuries.  It has been reinserted in the new edifice, transformed and enlarged over a long period of time in neoclassical style from 1730 to 1850.  

Address: Piazza della Repubblica 6, 63062 Montefiore dell'Aso

Click here for a heritage map of Montefiore dell'Aso

bottom of page